2022 CERVELO P5 Force eTaps AXS
All images are to showcase color only. Actual bike may depend on build.
For the P5 we focused entirely on aero performance—within the boxes defined by the UCI, anyway. We applied years of experience in engineering the fastest aero bikes and real-world testing with our pro athletes. The result is a bike that pushes the boundaries in every way possible. We spent hours in CFD, FEA, and ISO testing and the reviews came back from our athletes: BRB.
The P5 has gotten significantly stiffer, but significantly lighter, as well. The frame shapes, handlebar, and fit positions, and design features work together to reduce drag and enhance your efficiency. We wanted a bike that would deliver an aerodynamic advantage over the S5, even in an uphill TT. The P5 is an ideal bike for World Tour racing and UCI-governed TT events, but it’s also become a favorite of many of our long-course triathletes. If you don’t need the onboard storage of the PX series or have a race with significant elevation gain, the P5 can be the perfect weapon in your race against the clock.
The Speed Riser (patent applied for) is our user-friendly aerobar system for triathlon bikes. The aerodynamic single riser post is easily adjustable to an infinite range of positions with a single tool. This means that you can fully customize your fit, as well as make on-the-fly adjustments to your position.
Modular Storage incorporates custom Cervlo parts and approved aftermarket accessories to allow full customization of your storage needs. It enables a secure and aerodynamic solution tailored specifically to your needs and your Cervelo bike.
Aero Cable Management
The Cervlo frame, fork, handlebars, and associated components are designed to hide brake and shift control lines (mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic) from the wind for improved aerodynamics without sacrificing usability or performance.
No Wasted Effort
A combination of material, shape, and lay up are used to engineer the desired stiffness of different parts of the frame. We optimized the stiffness of the head tube, for stable and predictable handling, and the stiffness of the bottom bracket, so that more of your power is directly transferred to your forward momentum.
- 22% stiffer at head tube than previous generation P5
- 26% stiffer at bottom bracket than previous generation P5
Less drag, more speed
Aerodynamics are critical to engineering a fast bike: aero drag accounts for as much as 90% of the overall resistance affecting a rider. The P5’s frame design and customized tube shapes improve its aerodynamics while enhancing its stiffness, weight, and usability - all in a UCI-legal package.
- 17 gram aero improvement over the previous generation P5
Real world usability
The P5 is a dual purpose aero bike designed for success in both time trial and triathlon. We have made it simple and user-friendly to adapt the bike to fit you and your specific needs. From intuitive position adjustments to flexible storage options, you’ll be able to seize every possible advantage.
- The Speed Riser aerobar system is easily adjustable to an infinite range of positions with a single tool
- Configurable for triathlon setups (lightweight storage bento box and bottle mounts between the arms, on the down tube, and behind the saddle).
- Accommodates pro rider fits with a long and low handlebar position.
- Accommodates wider tires for better traction and comfort.
- Color Purple Sunset
- Fork Cervélo All-Carbon, Tapered P5 Fork
- Headset FSA IS2 1 x 1-3/8
- Seatpost Cervélo SP23 Carbon Tri Post
- Shifters ZIPP Vukashift AXS 90 Wireless
- Rear Derailleur SRAM Force eTap AXS 12 spd
- Front Derailleur N/A
- Brake Calipers SRAM S900 Aero HRD
- Brake Levers SRAM S900 Aero HRD
- Brake Rotors SRAM Paceline 160mm
- Thru Axles Cervelo Indexed Thru-Axles w/ Lever, Cervelo Aero Thru-Axles, 12x100/142
- Crankset SRAM Force AXS 1 Aero 48T with Power Meter
- Bottom Bracket Ceramic Speed Dub
- Handlebar P5 Carbon Basebar/EX10 Riser/Zipp VukaShift AXS 90 Extensions
- Stem NA
- Saddle Prologo Dimension Tri NACK
- Cassette SRAM Force 12s XG1270, 10-33
- Chain SRAM Force, 12 spd
- Wheels Reserve 50/65mm DT350 XDR, 24h (F), 24h (R), 21mm IW, Center-Lock, Tubeless Ready
- Tires Vittoria Corsa Speed TLR 25c G
- Accessories Smartpak 400, Smartpak 100, Aerobottle 500, Rear Hydration Mount