Questions? Call us at 619-656-5222.
All images are to showcase color only. Actual bike may depend on build.
Force eTap MSRP: $8,400
SURVIVAL OF THE FASTEST
The S5 prioritizes aerodynamic performance and stiffness, making it a platform preferred by the fastest sprinters in the world. Don’t think it’s a one-trick pony, though—despite the lateral stiffness, the S5 delivers an incredibly comfortable ride. You’ve no doubt noticed the now-iconic V-Stem. We optimized that shape to deliver the best possible performance in the wind, hid the cables inside, and make enough bar/stem/stack options to fit just about anyone.
When you climb aboard an S5, you won’t just go fast, you’ll feel fast. The frame stiffness, geometry, layup, and tube shapes combine to make a bike that’s comfortable enough to spend all day off the front, but will respond to a last-second acceleration better than anything else. It’ll clear 28mm tires, too, to allow you to fit the newer crop of wider rim/tire combos that help you eke out even more aero advantage.
TrueAero combines specific tube shapes, sizes, and design features to improve aerodynamic flow across the bike. The application of TrueAero is tailored specifically for each of our bikes and their intended uses.
Extended Seat Tube Cutout
Our Extended Seat Tube Cutout is a close fitting curve in the seat tube, which shields the leading edge of the rear wheel to significantly improve aerodynamic performance.
Cervelo developed BBright; to take advantage of the fact that oversized frame tubes are stiffer and lighter. With the BBright system, larger-sized tubes are used in the seat tube, down tube, and lefthand chain stay. The benefit is increased stiffness and pedalling efficiency in a lighter weight frame. BBright is compatible with all major bottom bracket standards.
Less drag, more speed.
Aerodynamics are critical to engineering a fast bike: aero drag accounts for as much as 90% of the overall resistance affecting a rider. Using special frame tube shapes and design features, we improved the aerodynamics of the S5 Disc so you can reap the benefits of reduced drag.
The new S5 is 42 grams faster than its predecessor - that's the equivalent of 5.5 watts.
No wasted effort.
The stiffness of the S5 is a sprinter's dream. Using a combination of material, shape, and lay up, we engineered the S5 to be stiffer at the head tube, for stable and predictable handling, and at the bottom bracket, so that more of your power goes into turning the rear wheel.
- 13% increase in headtube (torsional) stiffness over the previous S5
- 25% increase in bottom bracket stiffness over the previous S5
- Color Five Black
- Fork Cervélo All-Carbon, Tapered S5 Fork
- Headset FSA IS2 1 x 1-3/8
- Seatpost Cervélo SP20 Carbon Aero Post
- Shifters SRAM Force eTap AXS HRD 12 spd
- Rear Derailleur SRAM Force eTap AXS 12 spd
- Front Derailleur SRAM Force eTap AXS 12 spd
- Brake Calipers SRAM Force HRD
- Brake Rotors SRAM Paceline 160mm
- Thru Axles Cervelo Indexed Thru-Axles w/ Lever, Cervelo Aero Thru-Axles, 12x100/142
- Crankset SRAM Force AXS 48/35 with Power Meter
- Bottom Bracket Ceramic Speed Dub
- Handlebar Cervélo AB08 Carbon
- Stem Cervélo CS028 Carbon V-Stem
- Saddle Prologo Dimension NACK
- Cassette SRAM Force 12s XG1270, 10-28
- Chain SRAM Force, 12 spd
- Wheels Reserve 50mm DT350 XDR, 24h (F), 24h (R), XXmm IW, Center-Lock, Tubeless Ready
- Tires Vittoria Corsa TLR G2.0 25c
- Accessories Cervelo Faceplate Front Computer/Accessory Mount, Cervelo Rear Accessory Mount